Friday, June 12, 2009

Economic Recovery

When my current K@W came in last night, I thought of posting this article because it updates where the Wharton folks think we are on the "Economic Recovery" front. For those of you who were with me in the fall of 2008 and spring of 2009, this would be the next installment of what the best finance faculty in the world thinks about where we are going. What particularly
enthused me about this communication was the new statistical tool Diebold has developed (the Arouba-Diebold-Scotti Index) in order to provide a simpler formula to track overall economic performance: a blend of statistics including weekly initial jobless claims, monthly payrolls, industrial production, etc. I'm sorry I did not provide a "click on" link for the article itself, but you'll see the email address link below.


Economic Recovery: Are Happy Days Here Again?
http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/index.cfm?fa=viewfeature&id=2261

No comments:

Post a Comment